Re: ECPG CVS version problems

От Philip Yarra
Тема Re: ECPG CVS version problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:06 pm, you wrote:
> [Sorry for the late answer. Somehow I didn't notice your mail wainting
> for an answer.]

No problems, I'd kinda forgotten myself.

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:45:40PM +1000, Philip Yarra wrote:
> > Bison 1.35 and 1.50 both have bugs that prevent successful compilation,
> > so I moved to 1.85. This appears to work okay. Is there some way during
> > configure to check for broken bison versions and complain loudly?
>
> Not that I know of.

I wondered if we could do something like:
BISON_VERSION=`bison -V | head -n 1 | awk '{print $4 }'`
during configure, compare the result to known buggy versions, and take some
sort of action based on that? I haven't delved into configure though, so not
sure how to implement "some sort of action".

I think it is fairly important to try to detect these buggy bisons if the same
problem will be exposed in release versions of the source - it cost me quite
a few hours trying to figure out why make was failing. I'd like to save other
people the hassle (and that list would include people running RedHat Linux
7.3, which includes the bison 1.35).

Regards, Philip.