Re: Translation issue: use of "%s"

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Translation issue: use of "%s"
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dear Andreas,

> 1) In the case of "Creating a new %s", I think it would help if %s is
> not only the object name itself ("View", "Table", ...) but includes new
> ("new view", "new table",  "tableau nouveau", "neue Tabelle", "neuer
> Operator"...). I'll be recoding typeNameList[] the next days for this.
> Are there any other cases you found in pgadmin.pot?

It won't make it in several languages. Non european languages follow strange
rules that are hard to even imagine (sometimes no verb, sometimes no
adjective, sometimes only aggregates, etc...).

You should simply create different strings: "Create a new view", "Create a new
table", etc...

> 2) do you have an example in pgAdmin3 for that?
No, it was just a 0.02 cents remark.

To summarise, when possible, sentences should never be built by a
search/replace mechanism like "%s". If you use "%s", be sure the replaced
string is completely invariable (the name of a user, etc...).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Сообщение: Re: Translation issue: use of "%s"
Сообщение: Re: Translation issue: use of "%s"