Packaging policy

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Packaging policy
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
> I'll leave that to you guys as you clearly know more than I. BTW. do you
> speak Japanese?

No... I can only say "Yes" in Japanese (pronounce "Hi" like in American). One
of my client has a Japanese web site, therefore got used to using UTF-8.

Out of memory (don't trust me), SJSS is a subpart of UTF-8, therefore SJSS may
display well under Windows. But we need to use the conversion libraries of
wxWindows2.5 in all other cases.

Let's talk of packages now...

> Slackware's packaging system is based on tgz's but I know what you mean.
> They were only a quick lash up.

Can http://www.slackware.com/config/packages.php be used to install your
packages?

I am currently downloading Mandrake 9.1 for installation on an old box. Seems
like we now have RedHat, Slackware and Mandrake daily packages. We still need
Suse 8?1 packages and Debian packages.

- Suse
I will try to get in contact with the maintainer of PostgreSQL packages at
Suse to ask for help. I met him at the PostgreSQL conference in FOSDEM, he is
a very nice guy.

- Debian
Knopix is the easiest way to install Debian. Maybe it can be used to generate
packages. I don't know anything about Debian. Dave, do you run Debian
stations at work? Have you tried Knopix? It is designed by a PostgreSQL
hacker.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel