Re: After VACUUM, statistics become skewed

От Robert.Farrugia@go.com.mt
Тема Re: After VACUUM, statistics become skewed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Sorry Tom for the late reply but I was off for the past few days.

The definitions of the indexes are:

mo_200302_calling_idx uses (answertime::timestamp, callingnumber_type::char(1), callingnumber_value::varchar) in this order
mo_200302_called_idx uses (answertime::timestamp, callednumber_type::char(1), callednumber_value::varchar) in this order

If I am understanding you well, the planner may ignore the index if the OR clause uses the second or third column of a multi-column index, even though the first column is used.  Is there a way to force the planner to use a particular index ?

Regards
Robert

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

25/05/2003 06:12