Re: Crazy Triggers

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Crazy Triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
sszabo@bigpanda.com

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Kris Kiger wrote:

> This will probably be a quick question for some of you with more
> experience than I.  When you define a trigger to occur before or after
> an event, does this mean that the trigger is spawned as part of the
> current event transaction, or is it completed as a seperate transaction
> after the event is processed?  In advance, thanks for the help!

It's part of the same transaction.  If I'm remembering the details right,
the before triggers happen right before the event, currently non-deferred
after triggers happen at the end of the statement that caused the event
(although this may change in the future) and deferred after triggers (for
deferred foreign keys) happen at the end of the transaction during the
commit.