Re: ERROR: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(188)

От Tilo Schwarz
Тема Re: ERROR: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc(188)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout writes:
> On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 06:21:28PM +0200, Tilo Schwarz wrote:
> > Dear Postgresql gurus,
> >
> > I have a problem (7.3.1 on linux) with a query eating all my memory.
> > First it take 2G RAM and then 2G swap. Now I saw, that 7.3.2 addresses
> > some memory issues, could my problem solved by upgrading to 7.3.2?
> >
> > Thanks a lot, description follows
> >
> >     Tilo
> >
> > (the query involves a table with 33925848 rows, but only a few thousand
> > rows should be returned)
>
> Please send the definition of the view and of your tables.

To prevent nasty line breaks, I put the definitions in a text file at:

http://www.tilo-schwarz.de/OutOfMem.txt

In the meantime I read Toms' comments regarding the "pending-trigger-call
lists" - does that apply to my problem too (I have just a SELECT)?

Thanks a lot!

    Tilo

PS:
> I couldn't immediatly puzzle out your reply email address so you'll just
> have to read this in the archive.

I "encrypted" my mail address (obviously too complicated), because since I
posted a few times on this list, I get about ten times the amount of spam
than I got before.