Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and pg73jdbc2ee.jar

От Gerlits András
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and pg73jdbc2ee.jar
Дата
Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and  (Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
No, the connections all get passed to the reader method, so they all use
the exclusive lock in the transaction, since it has been set to
Connection.TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE.

I promise, this is the last mail from me on the matter, but I AM pretty
sure, that this should not happen. What's the use of preventing dirty-
reads, if I can do one (hence the program attached in my previous post)?

I AM sure, that what the driver does should not happen if
TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE is fully and correctly implemented.

Regards
Andras

PS: If everyone else is sure that all JDBC drivers behave this way, I might
just back up, although I'm still curious then, what this feature is for.

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:21:41 -0700, Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> wrote :

> Andres,
>
> When your code starts up each transaction reads the current max(id).
> All transactions see the same value and therefore all try to insert the
> same value.  This has nothing to do with dirty reads.
>
> --Barry
>

> Gerlits AndrXs wrote:
> > Taken from: http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=721
> >
> > Dirty read:
> >
> > "Quite often in database processing, we come across the situation
wherein
> > one transaction can change a value, and a second transaction can read
this
> > value before the original change has been committed or rolled back.
This is

(http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/sql/Connection.html#TRAN