Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: Synchronization issues with pg73jdbc3.jar and
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ok, I'm not clear on the TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE stuff, but the correct
way to do this in postgres which is a MVCC database is to do

select nextval( 'sequencename' ) to get the id, or conversly insert into
the record with the sequence column omitted, or DEFAULT, then use select
curval( 'sequencename' ).

This will guarantee that you will get a unique value for the sequence,
no other method will work reliably in postgres.

Dave