Re: Un-clustering an index

От Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Тема Re: Un-clustering an index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:28:59AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> It seems to me that there's no way of Unclustering an index once it's
> clustered?  ie.  You cannot turn off ALL clustering on a table?

Err... no.  Why would you want that?  If you don't want it clustered,
just don't run CLUSTER on it.

Oh, but it'll still get clustered by CLUSTER ALL.  Maybe there should be
a way to set it not to cluster (ALTER TABLE ... NO CLUSTER?)

There's still the catalog modification path (set indisclustered=false),
of course.

"No hay hombre que no aspire a la plenitud, es decir,
la suma de experiencias de que un hombre es capaz"