Re: compiling mod_auth_pgsql

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: compiling mod_auth_pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:18:21AM -0700, cliff@cliffmeyers.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted this message to pgsql-interfaces but I figured I'd post to the general
> list as well.
>
> I'm trying to install mod_auth_pgsql 0.9.12 with apache 1.3.27 on Red Hat Linux
> 8.  I've followed the directions for installation to the letter, but the apache
> 'make' command dies on me, complaining that it can't find libpq.so.3 even though
> it exists in my /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory.  What's strange is that it dies
> during part of the apache 'make' that seems to have nothing to do with the
> mod_auth_pgsql module.

Look at this:
> gen_test_char.o  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq  -lm -lcrypt -lexpat
> ./gen_test_char >test_char.h
> ./gen_test_char: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.3: cannot open

It's building a program called gen_test_char and then running it. While
compiling it suggested finding that lib in /usr/local/pgsql/lib. That
worked, so you program compiled and linked fine.

But when you run it, the loader doesn't know where to find that library and
looks in the list in /etc/ld.so.conf. So you have a few options:

1. Add /usr/local/pgsql/lib to your ld.so.conf and run ldconfig
2. Soft/hard or copy the library to /usr/local/lib (if that's listed)
  or even /usr/lib of you prefer.

Don't forget ldconfig.

Hope this helps,
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Вложения