Re: DBI connection to multiple database

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема Re: DBI connection to multiple database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Is there a way to connect to one database, extract data,
> (say, some select query) and then export that data
> into another database without having to table the
> data into a file of some sort?

I have done this with both PERL and PHP programs.

In general, I think the PERL DBI is a bit easier to use as it will
handle character or text fields with quotes in them without any
programming, whereas in PHP it is necessary to use ereg_replace to
prepare those fields before doing an insert with them.

I think the PERL DBI also does a better job of handling null fields,
for example in dates.
--
Mike Nolan