Installing PlPerl

От Renê Salomão
Тема Installing PlPerl
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Installing PlPerl  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi list...

 I am trying to install PLPERL in Postgresql in order to use
regular expression to eliminate any undesired character in any given
name to be inserted in the database... I believe that using plperl is
less time consuming than doing the same approach using plpgsql
(correct if I am wrong please)...

However I was faced with the following error:

$pgsql > createlang plperl template1

 ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/postgresql-7.3.2/lib/plperl.so failed:
libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

createlang: language installation failed

Could somebody gimme a hand!!!!

My machine:

  Athlon 1.3Mhz 512Mb
  Mdk 9
  Postgresql 7.3.2
     pg_config --configure
        '--prefix=/usr/local/postgresql-7.3.2'
        '--with-perl'
        '--with-tcl'
        '--with-pgport=5433'
        'CC=gcc'
        'CFLAGS=-O2 -fpic -march=athlon-mcpu=athlon'

Following is my timing consume function (remember I'Perl's newbie)
to generate a name capitalized without any punctuation/number... Any
suggestion/comment to improve function, it will be welcome...

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION XP_FORMATA_NOME (VARCHAR) RETURNS
VARCHAR AS '
  my $string = @_;

  RETURN $string;
'