Re: problems with moving a database

От Oliver Kullmann
Тема Re: problems with moving a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:14:37AM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> From: Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>
> To: Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@Swansea.ac.uk>
> Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
> Date: 15 May 2003 09:14:37 -0400
> Subject: Re: [ADMIN] problems with moving a database

> > > I highly suspect that it would be due to the non-super user trying to
> > > access super user privileges.
> >
> > Both on my laptop and on the pc, "normal users" are the owners of the database,
> > and they have all rights.
> >
> > > In your case, it would have happened like in
> > > your laptop, the database owner is the super user and in your pc, the
> > > database owner is not the super user. Check it. Note, pg_dump does update
> > > pg_class to enable/disable the triggers.
> >
> > but I don't use any triggers?! The dump starts with
>
> you do use triggers, you just don't realize it. postgresql is trying to
> disables the foreign key triggers when you reimport the data, but your
> user doesn't have access to the pg_* system tables, and so it is
> generating an error " pg_class: Permission denied.".  You need to either
> make sure your user is a superuser, or drop the -x flag from your dump
> command (note this might cause other issues)
>
> Robert Treat

Hi Robert,

thanks for your help, but dropping the -x flag didn't change anything:

Using

pg_dump -a -R -O database > db.dmp

and filling it with

psql -ddatabase -U csoliver < db.dmp

still yields the same errors

ERROR:  pg_class: Permission denied.

Perhaps I can ignore these errors, but more seriously seems to me

ERROR:  copy: line 5624388, cannot extend bcls_info: No space left on device.
        Check free disk space.
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

However, I have 12 GB free space?!?!

ANYWAY: Meanwhile I tried the simple version

laptop> pg_dump -O database > oliver@ps:database.dmp
pc> createdb database
pc> psql -ddatabase < database.dmp

and, different from my first tries (with an older version of PostgreSQL),
this time it seems to have worked! Hope that's it.

Thanks for your help!

Oliver