Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I've seen no problems with the deferred trigger patch (which
> > addresses a performance issue with deferred triggers) you gave me
> > some time ago.  Is this something that's likely to be included in
> > 7.3.3?
>
> I've been wondering myself about whether to include Jan's patch that
> reduces foreign-key deadlocks.  Neither of these patches have gotten
> enough testing (that I know of) to make me feel very comfortable
> about dropping them into 7.3.3 ... but on the other hand, they could
> be pretty significant fixes.
>
> Any votes pro or con?  Who else can report successful use of either
> of these patches?

I've been using the deferred triggers patch in production for about a
month without any problems.  I'm definitely for that as well as Jan's
patch, though I haven't used it.  Anything to help out FK's and I'm
game.  :)

If someone needs the clean patch for 7.3 of the deferred triggers, the
patch is at the URL below.  The one originally posted didn't merge 100%
cleanly to my 7.3.2 sources.

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/patch_postgresql-7.3.2::src::backend::utils::adt::ri_triggers.c
-sc

--