Re: qestion

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: qestion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 14 May 2003, ivan wrote:

> i connect to my postgres only by socket tcp/ip , and i have to know what
> client is connected to postgres in plpgsql function. I have many useres
> in pg_hba.conf which can connect to server from all local network.
> Then i need know from which client is connection. Is same way to check it
> ? or rewrite postmaster ?

Do you need the ip address or only what user is connected? The latter can
be got at with CURRENT_USER or USER.

> ... oh , is possible to change pg_hba.conf in plpgsql function, ie, when i
> create new user (throught plpgsql func.) i need to add ip address, which
> will be used by this new user.

Probably not.  You'd probably have to write a function in something else
and call it from the plpgsql function.  However, there's still an issue of
how to handle rollbacks since you can't easily roll back the changes.  It
might be better to have something that's connected and LISTENing and then
do a NOTIFY when you add users and have the outside thing figure out what
entries belong in pg_hba.conf.