Re: [GENERAL] Installin Postgres

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Installin Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane writes:
> >> What we are seeing is that on several platforms, the default locale
> >> settings are just plain broken --- ie, setlocale() barfs on the locale
> >> value that the system environment provides.  There was discussion before
> >> about this, but IIRC we concluded that initdb could not easily detect
> >> the problem.
>
> > It could be detected if we rewrote parts of initdb in C.  I was sort of
> > hoping that that would come out of the Windows port.
>
> True, I would think it will *have to* come out of the Windows port.
> (Bruce, what does the PeerDirect patch do about initdb?)

I was just talking to Jan about this.  What PeerDirect did was to run
initdb on Intel Unix, and transfer that file to Win32 and copy it to the
data directory during initdb.  SRA actually wrote initdb in C and used
that.

If someone wants to work on that, I will get permission to distribute
the SRA initdb.

Pennsylvania19073