Re: advancing sequences

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: advancing sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:13:44 -0400,
  Dmitri Bichko <dbichko@genpathpharma.com> wrote:
> I am trying to speed up a couple of decent sized inserts (~25K rows a
> pop) by using COPY FROM.
> A slight snag I am running into is that the table I insert into has a
> primary key generated from a sequence.
> So I want to include this id in the temp text file that I copy from, so
> what is the proper way to grab 25K or so values from a sequence, without
> breaking anything?

If you don't include some columns in the copy they get the default. (I think
this might require 7.3 to do.) So if the table has a default that uses
nextval (as you would get using serial) then you should be able to just
leave the column off when doing the copy.

Сообщение: Re: Database server restarting
Сообщение: Re: Database server restarting