Re: restoring ver 7.2 database

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: restoring ver 7.2 database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 06 May 2003 11:04 am, Andrass Ziska Davidsen wrote:
> I've really done it this time. I upgraded to Linux Mandrake 9.1. Now my
> pgsql version is 7.3. My database was version 7.2, and postmaster won't
> start.

Sorry, but ALWAYS dump/backup any databases before upgrading. And remember
that a simple file backup is useless unless you stop PG first and even then
won't transfer between versions (as you've found out).

> How can I restore my old data?
>
> install a local version 7.2 somewhere and tell it that the data lie on
> backuppoint?

Yep

> In order to do that I need the source files for v7.2, are they
> available somwhere?

Go to http://www.postgresql.org/ and click the download link near the top of
the page. Select a suitable mirror and look in pub/source/...
Installing from source isn't difficult, but make sure you read the
instructions before you do so.

--
  Richard Huxton