Re: Should we SetQuerySnapshot() between actions of a rule?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Should we SetQuerySnapshot() between actions of a rule?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:55:45AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> interactive execution.  But which one do we want?  I could see an
> argument that it'd be best for all the actions of a rule to see a
> consistent snapshot of the state of other transactions; and not doing
> the extra SetQuerySnapshot() calls would save some cycles.
> But perhaps we had better stick to our historical behavior.
> pg_exec_query_string has done a SetQuerySnapshot per query for a long
> time, and I can't recall anyone ever complaining about it.

Can't you get the consistent snapshot by running SERIALIZABLE anyway?

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Should we SetQuerySnapshot() between actions of a rule?