Where is the sequence value?

От Edipo E. F. Melo
Тема Where is the sequence value?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

   In my system, I use a sequence to enumerate a proccess list, and this sequence must be reseted each
year. I don't remember how it was created, but when I try to "setval('seq', 0)" I get a "out of bounds
(1, ...) error.

   So, I set i to 1 ("setval('seq', 1)"), but in my system, when I try to insert a process, the nextval
() returns 2, not 1.

   I was thinking to fix this dropping, e creating the sequence, but in my system, a lot o users have
permission to update the sequence (to use a nextval() on it), and I couldn't revoke they rights when I
drop it.

   Insted, I search the docs about where sequence is definited, its min, max and current value, to
change the min value, setting it to 0, but I didn't found something.

   (After a lot of text), my question is: how can I change the min value of a sequence without dropping
it?

   Thanks for all,

    []'s

    Edipo Elder F. de Melo