Re: JDBC Drivers for Java

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: JDBC Drivers for Java
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Here is working example for you to try:

--In my databse
CREATE TABLE people (
   id SERIAL,
   name TEXT
);
INSERT INTO people(name) VALUES ('sue');
INSERT INTO people(name) VALUES ('peter');
INSERT INTO people(name) VALUES ('tony');
INSERT INTO people(name) VALUES ('mary');

--ListPeople.java
import java.sql.*;

public class ListPeople {
      try {
         Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

         //the url is
jdbc:postgresql://<host_name>:<port_number>/<database_name>?user=<user_name>&password=<password>
         //in my case, the database is in localhost, and I need no passwords,
so using
         //jdbc:postgresql:<database_name>?user=<user_name> will be just fine
         Connection
con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:franco?user=admin");
         Statement stmt=con.createStatement();
         ResultSet rs=stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM people");
         while (rs.next()) {
            System.out.println(rs.getString("name"));
         }
      }
      catch (Exception e) {
         System.out.println("Exception: "+e.getMessage());
      }
   }
}

It works for me, so if doesn't work for you I'm sure the problem is in your
CLASSPATH.

On Friday 11 April 2003 20:47, Greg Lugering wrote:
> I just installed the Windows version of PostgreSQL 7.3.1.
> A jar file was included however the path was org/postgresql/Driver which
> causes and exception. I expected somethig like org.postgresql.Driver.
>
> If anyone can help me and send the exact code for making the connection it
> woud be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob Lugering
> blugering@cfl.rr.com