Re: Compile errors on AIX

От Artur Pietruk
Тема Re: Compile errors on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:30:59AM -0400, Michael Brusser wrote:
> I had no problems on Solaris and HP, but trying to compile
> Postgres 7.3.2 on AIX I'm getting this errors:
>
> .../src/backend/postgres.imp -Wl,-bE:libpgtcl.exp
> ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: .pqsignal
    ....[cut-ap]

> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> information.
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .Tcl_GetVar
    ....[cut-ap]

> make[4]: *** [libpgtcl.so] Error 8
> make[4]: Leaving directory ...

> Does anyone have a suggestion, or perhaps an experience building on AIX?

    Hi Mike! I was building postgres on AIX some time ago.
Unfortunately I do not have access to that box now, to look at it. But
errors like shown above, remind me that I got similar things. Could you
give more details on how you are trying to build it? Maybe it will
remind me something, or someone else would see what's wrong - if you
give more details. I was building with gcc. Are you using Gnu Make to
build?

    Best regards,
--
--- Artur Pietruk, arturp@plukwa.net