Re: MySQL comparable syntax for PostgreSQL

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: MySQL comparable syntax for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 13:05:29 -0800,
  douggorley@shaw.ca wrote:

> Can someone tell me what domains are, and possibly point me towards some relevant documentation?

They are a shorthand for a type plus constraints. This can make maintainance
easier when you have the same constraints in multiple locations.

You can look at the documentation for the create domain command to see
the syntax.