Re: Accessing PostgreSQL from a remote host ?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Accessing PostgreSQL from a remote host ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Stephane,

> As a newbie, I would like to know exactly what I have to
> do (and how) (on the server) in order to get a running connection to my
> PostgreSQL database from a remote host (using a GUI
> client).
>
> I'm going to get mad since I've tried everything I could
> read about this topic without any success for hours ;-)
>
> MacOS X 10.2.4
> PostgreSQL 7.3 (Marc Liyanage package)

It's easy:

1) Change your postgresql.conf file (which should be in Postgres' data
directory)  so that the option reads:
tcpip_socket = true

2) Modify your pg_hba.conf file to allow connections from the host from which
you are trying to connect.

3) Restart PostgreSQL

4) Configure your remote client to look to your database host to connect with
the authentication method you indicated in 2.

Have fun!

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions