Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
You have lots of editors to choose from but probably the most widely used (at
least by professionals) and biggest cause of religious editor wars are emacs
and vi (actually vim, that is "vi improved", is the most common version of vi
on Linux distros).

I chose to learn vim because:
-it is reasonably small and fast
-there are versions for unix/linux/dos/windows/X-windows/etc. (one editor to
rule them all...)
-it is the one editor that you find on basically all *nix platforms so you
need to know it anyway.

BTW, learning vi (or emacs, I guess) is frustrating but once you get it you
will not want to go back.

HTH,
Steve