Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:21:21PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> What do you mean with "compatibility addresses"?  I don't know of
> any such thing.

I'm thinking of these sorts of things (my faviourite description,
from RFC 2893):

IPv6/IPv4 nodes that perform automatic tunneling are assigned
IPv4-compatible address.  An IPv4-compatible address is identified by
an all-zeros 96-bit prefix, and holds an IPv4 address in the
low-order 32-bits.  IPv4-compatible addresses are structured as
follows:
         |              96-bits                 |   32-bits    |
      +--------------------------------------+--------------+                      IPv4-Compatible IPv6 Address Format

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110