Re: Firewalls and Postgres

От Holger Klawitter
Тема Re: Firewalls and Postgres
Дата
Re: Firewalls and Postgres  (Tony Grant <tony@tgds.net>)
Re: Firewalls and Postgres  (eric soroos <eric-psql@soroos.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 22:11 schrieb Tony Grant:
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 10:04, Alan Carbutt wrote:
> > Does anyone know if postgres uses any additional ports that might be
> > blocked by a firewall?  I'm setting up a data warehouse prototype using
> > pgAccess as the front end and I'm not having too much success with
> > firewalling.  Any help is greatly appreciated
>
> 5432 works fine with my firewall.
>
> I can not figure yet how to do ssh port forwarding on it. Any tips
> appreciated.

No problems with that (at least with openssh), even through a firewall:

ssh -l my-secret-key-file -n -N \
    -L 15432:other.host.com:5432 \
    other.host.com </dev/null

psql -h localhost -p 15432 my_database

However,you have to keep in mind that this connection ends up on
other.host.com as a tcp/ip connection on 11.22.33.44, not on 127.0.0.1.
Might need some tweaking in postgresl.conf and pg_hba.conf.

With kind regards / mit freundlichem Gruß
    Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                          http://www.klawitter.de
lists@klawitter.de