Re: Status of tablespaces

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: Status of tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:19:23 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Christoph Dalitz <christoph.dalitz@hs-niederrhein.de> writes:
> > What are the plans for Postgres tablespaces?
>
> Well, what I envision is only a cleaner reimplementation of the
> existing LOCATION facility: the DBA will be able to designate certain
> directories as tablespaces and then assign individual tables, indexes,
> etc to particular tablespaces.  Presumably, the DBA places each
> tablespace directory on a different disk (otherwise there's not much
> point in the exercise), and then the arrangement lets him control what
> lives where.

What might be useful were some kind of quota (on the database
side, not the operating system) for a tablespace.
Any plans to implement something in that direction?

> We have no intention of changing over to Oracle-style disk space
> management, if that's what you were asking.

Ok, I see there is no reason to worry.

Christoph Dalitz

От: jhihn1
Сообщение:
От: Mark Aufflick
Сообщение: Re: all backends (pg7.2.3 / redhat 7.2) die due to unexpected signal 14 (SIGALRM)