Re: migrating from progress dbms

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: migrating from progress dbms
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:15:50 -0500
pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> right now, the first thing we encounter is the fact that (at least in
> jdbc) all the table and column names needs to be beteewn double
> quotation marks.

Don't use double quotes unless you are asking for trouble!
Double quotes are used for case sensitive identifiers or identifiers
with whitespace characters. Usage of these features is not a good idea.

If you have found that you need them in queries, then your CREATE statements
used case sensitive table/attribute names. This will be a continuous source
of pain and I strongly recommend that you fix your CREATE statements.

Christoph Dalitz