Re: Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bhuvan A wrote:
> > Long Description PostgreSQL has mechanism for commenting databases.
> > Database comments can by read by obj_description(oid), psql \l+ command
> > use it. Database comments should be global, but they are not, when we do
> > \l+ on one database, and then on other, results will be different. I
> > consider it is a bug, database is global object (You can connect to it
> > from any database) but their comments are not.
> >

> I too consider it as a bug. But why no response? I hope someone is
> hearing.

You can only create a comment on the current database:

    test=> comment on database template1 is 'xx';
    ERROR:  Database comments may only be applied to the current database

Do we have psql -l to connect to all the databases to collect comments?
I guess we could _try_ to connect to as many databases as possible, but
it seems a little overly complex to me.  What do others think?

Сообщение: Re: New hashed IN code ignores distinctiveness of subquery
Сообщение: Re: New hashed IN code ignores distinctiveness of subquery