Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [mail] Re: Win32 port patches submitted
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 22 January 2003 02:01, Dann Corbit wrote:
> Maybe because most of the machines in the world (by a titanic landslide)
> are Windoze boxes.

On the desktop, yes.  On the server, no.  PostgreSQL is nore intended for a
server, no?  I can see the utility in having a development installation on a
Win32 box, though.

> > people to do it. Usually Open Source guys run *NIX

> Taken a poll lately?

If Microsoft has its way there won't be any Open Source on Windows.  Well,
PostgreSQL might squeak by due to the BSD license, but other licenses aren't
so fortunate, and GPL is anathema to Microsoft.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...
Сообщение: Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...