Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Peter,

[Andrew, please answer the question addressed to you below.]

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:35:35PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> > Attached is a *work-in-progress* patch that enables PostgreSQL CVS to
> > build "cleanly" when configured as follows:
> >
> >     $ configure --with-tcl --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib ...
>
> I had played around with fixing the Tcl stuff on Cygwin, too, but I
> don't recall that the solution was that easy.

Were you playing with Cygwin Tcl/Tk 8.0 or 8.3?  Maybe things improved
(i.e., got easier) with 8.3?

> Have you tried actually running the PL/Tcl language (there's a test
> suite in the source tree)?

I just tried now and unfortunately, I'm got errors with all inserts.
See attached for the output of runtest, runtest2.out,  and test.out.

Andrew, did you get PL/Tcl to work?

> > BTW, I'm wondering if PostgreSQL's autoconf stuff (i.e.,
> > config/tcl.m4) should be modified to find Cygwin's tclsh (i.e.,
> > tclsh83.exe)?
>
> I don't think so.  If we had to follow everyone's idea for naming the
> Tcl shell (for every version) we could never keep up.  Plus ...

OK.  It was just a thought.

> > I believe that this should obviate the need to configure
> > --with-tclconfig.
>
> I don't believe that either.  The tclsh83.exe on Cygwin prints out
> DOS-style paths, which would surely confuse things.

OK, that is why I said "believe."  I wish that Cygwin Tcl/Tk was a true
Cygwin port and not the Win32/Cygwin hybrid that it is.

Jason

Вложения