Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Postgres 7.3 from source --with-tcl : Errors again...
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Jason Tishler writes:

> Attached is a *work-in-progress* patch that enables PostgreSQL CVS to
> build "cleanly" when configured as follows:
>
>     $ configure --with-tcl --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib ...

I had played around with fixing the Tcl stuff on Cygwin, too, but I don't
recall that the solution was that easy.  Have you tried actually running
the PL/Tcl language (there's a test suite in the source tree)?

> BTW, I'm wondering if PostgreSQL's autoconf stuff (i.e., config/tcl.m4)
> should be modified to find Cygwin's tclsh (i.e., tclsh83.exe)?

I don't think so.  If we had to follow everyone's idea for naming the Tcl
shell (for every version) we could never keep up.  Plus ...

> I believe that this should obviate the need to configure
> --with-tclconfig.

I don't believe that either.  The tclsh83.exe on Cygwin prints out
DOS-style paths, which would surely confuse things.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net