Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil, Robert:

"As for the "WAL recovery bug", AFAIK no such bug has been reported "in
the last few days". Exactly what issue are you referring to?"

That's my bug; I filed it on Wednesday.

However, it is not 100%; that is:
1) While Tom and I are pretty sure that the issue *could* cause the behavior
reported, we're not completely certain that it *did*; i.e. in the two
reported cases, one actually turned out to be something else, and the other
could possibly be something else as well.

2) Nobody has tested that switching the order of those 2 lines in 7.2.3
doesn't cause any problems, to date.

I'm not saying that it's not potentially a patchable bug.   We're just not
ready to patch it yet.

But I do vote for a 7.2.4 just because I can't upgrade a lot of my clients to
7.3.1 safely and there are a few easy patches for 7.2.3.

Alternately, I would suggest an omnibus patch for the 7.2.3 source code so
that we don't set a precedent for branching development.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page
Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page