Re: Indexes

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>mlw said:> Does anyone think it would be a good idea, or is it even practical, to > have a 'indx' subdirectory along
sideof the 'base' directory?> > I was thinking that, if it were an easy modification, that it could be > an easy way to
separatedata and indexes to different hard disks.

My guess is that having indexes at separate location on a per-databases basis would give greater benefit. Perhaps this
couldbe extended to all databases as well, but per-database location should be better?

Or do you think of something like data/base/xxxxx/indx where xxxxx is the database oid.

Daniel