Re: Problems with PGOPTIONS

От Andre Schubert
Тема Re: Problems with PGOPTIONS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:19:29 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Andre Schubert <andre@km3.de> writes:
> > Ok, but is there another way to enable STATS_ROW_LEVEL for a special
> > backend not connecting as superuser ?
>
> No: the code is deliberately designed to prevent that, on the grounds
> that it'd be a security flaw (non-superusers should not be allowed to
> hide their activities from the DBA).

Lets say, that the statistics that i would collect come from several scripts
controlled and programmed by me.
All these scripts are connecting as different users to my db.
Is there a way to chnage these users to superusers and if yes would it be a
security flaw to change these users to superusers ?

> There's nothing to stop you from making a private version with
> stats_row_level downgraded to an ordinary unprotected SET variable,
> though, if that seems more appropriate to your needs.  See its entry in
> src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c and change it from SUSET to USERSET
> category (from memory; check spelling in src/include/utils/guc.h).

I will test this.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Regards, as