Re: Another XP Pro experience

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Another XP Pro experience
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
David,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:36:03AM -0500, David P. Caldwell wrote:
> In XP Pro, more than one user can be logged in interactively (a user
> can, rather than logging off, "Switch User", which leaves the first
> user's processes running).

I didn't know of the above -- thanks for the edification.  Although, I'm
surprised that this adversely affects psql.

> I have a privileged user (root) and an unprivileged user (me), in
> addition to the postgres user.  AFAICT, the second user to log on to
> Windows cannot connect using psql (or seemingly by any other method).
> So if a user logs into the system, then another user logs in, the
> second can't connect.

Does your postmaster accept TCP/IP connections (i.e., runs with the "-i"
option)?  If so, can the second user connect via?

    $ psql -h localhost

I will repeat my plea for help:

    Note that I have no access to XP Home or Pro.  So, I cannot update
    my README until those with access provide the needed information.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason