Re: Mailing list archive feature request

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Mailing list archive feature request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 13:38:08 -0500,
  Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I occasionally find I want to add more to a thread after I have deleted
> > all of my copies of messages in that thread. While I can get the subject
> > and bodies of a message from the archives, it would be convenient to be
> > able to get a copy of a message resent to me, so that new messages I
> > add to the thread will have the appropiate references headers.
>
> That's a tough one. The only idea I have is to download the actual email
> message from the archives site, then point your email client at that
> file and have it read it as a mailbox.  You can then reply to the email
> you want.

Thanks for getting me started down the right track. For the benefit of anyone
else who cares this is how you do things:

All messages are sent to majordomo@postgresql.org .
All commands are in the body of the messages. The subject isn't used.

First you need to get your password. If you don't have it send the command
password-show

And reply to the confirmation message with the body of the reply being
"accept".

To get an index of messages in the archive you use the archive-index command.
You might do something like:
approve my_password archive-index pgsql-sql 20030109
to get a summary of messages sent from the list on 2003-01-09.

Then to get particular messages you use the archive-get command.
For example:
approve my_password archive-get pgsql-sql 200301/143
could be used to get the 143rd message sent from the list in January of 2003.
Both a confirmation and a copy of the message are sent separately, so that
the list message will be handled normal by your mail filters.