Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/Tag: oc/src/sgml/REL ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/Tag: oc/src/sgml/REL ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 13:34, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I am backpatching doc-only fixes to 7.3.X.  I used to _not_ do that, but
> > people seem to want it.
>
> Hmm... I'm not sure if it's worth bothering about, and it makes the
> lives of people tracking 7_3_STABLE more difficult, but if you think
> it's worth doing, that's good enough for me.

I am not sure what I think.  The specific case was that there was a fix
where we said .pgaccess rather than .pgpass in the docs.  The fix went
into HEAD but not 7.3.X, and someone complained about the bug.  Peter
stated that we _do_ build the 7.3.X docs regularly, rather than just at
major release time, which was the old system, so I started backpatching
doc _fixes_.