Re: Version Problems on Mac OS X.2 Jaguar

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: Version Problems on Mac OS X.2 Jaguar
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:42:28 -0500
pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:39:14 -0500
> From: Eric B.Ridge <ebr@tcdi.com>
> Subject: Re: Version Problems on Mac OS X.2 Jaguar
>
> > How do I move existing install onto other 10.1
> > machine??
> >
> > That looks like my only hope now...
>
> Just tar up your postgres install directory  and untar it on the other
> box, making sure to keep file ownership the same if at all possible.

If it is a lot of data, you could also export it via NFS and just mount the
directory on the 10.1 machine. Mac OS X ships with NFS.

This brings up another question:
Were it possible to use the Postgres data directory from Mac OS X with a Postgres
server on a different OS (eg. Linux, FreeBSD)? In other words: is the contents
of the PGDATA directory plattform dependent?

Christoph Dalitz

От: "Rick Gigger"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL/PHP: transactions: how-to abstract out?
От: "CN LIOU"
Сообщение: Stable function Repeatedly Called