Help - moving data to new table structure

От Brian Johnson
Тема Help - moving data to new table structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm working on moving contact data from MS Access to some predefined tables in
PostgreSQL (part of another application)

I need some help creating one of the append queries

The Access tables include a table called "Contact Type" that is linked
to "Contacts" (the main table for the contact data) with a one to many type
relationship (ie each contact can have many types attached to it)

The new table layout in PostgreSQL will allow multiple contact types, but they are
listed as comma separated values in one field.  The php code in this app then
matches up the comma separated values with corresponding records in the "Contact
Type" table

How the heck do I make a query to transfer the data to this new format?