PgSQL 7.3: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres: Execute permission denied.

От Zengfa Gao
Тема PgSQL 7.3: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres: Execute permission denied.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I download PgSQL source, compiled it, then try to
start pgsql, I got:

# su postgres -c '/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb
--pgdata=/var/opt/pgsql/data'
The program
    '/opt/pgsql/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version
7.3, or
there may be a configuration problem.

This was the error message issued by that program:
/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb[135]: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres:
Execute permission denied.

I check the permission of postgres:
# ls -l /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root       bin        2994176 Jan  8
09:53 /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres

But same code works fine on my another HPUX 11.11
system. File permission is same.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Thanks!

Zengfa