Обсуждение: PgSQL 7.3: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres: Execute permission denied.

PgSQL 7.3: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres: Execute permission denied.

От
Zengfa Gao
Дата:
Hi,

I download PgSQL source, compiled it, then try to
start pgsql, I got:

# su postgres -c '/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb
--pgdata=/var/opt/pgsql/data'
The program
    '/opt/pgsql/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version
7.3, or
there may be a configuration problem.

This was the error message issued by that program:
/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb[135]: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres:
Execute permission denied.

I check the permission of postgres:
# ls -l /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root       bin        2994176 Jan  8
09:53 /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres

But same code works fine on my another HPUX 11.11
system. File permission is same.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Thanks!

Zengfa

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: PgSQL 7.3: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres: Execute permission denied.

Дата:
Zengfa Gao <zfgao@yahoo.com> writes:
> # su postgres -c '/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb
> --pgdata=/var/opt/pgsql/data'
> The program
>     '/opt/pgsql/bin/postgres'
> needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version
> 7.3, or
> there may be a configuration problem.

> This was the error message issued by that program:
> /opt/pgsql/bin/initdb[135]: /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres:
> Execute permission denied.

> I check the permission of postgres:
> # ls -l /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root       bin        2994176 Jan  8
> 09:53 /opt/pgsql/bin/postgres

Hmm.  Maybe the problem is with permissions on some shared library
needed by the postgres executable?

I'd also look to make sure the containing directories are searchable
by postgres.

            regards, tom lane