Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bj�rklund wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Very Cool.  The URL for the .pgpass stuff is:
> >
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/libpq-files.html
>
> There is a typo on that page. First it talkes about the file .pgpass and
> then it says: "chmod 0600 .pgaccess".
>
> I had no idea that one could store the passwords like this. This feature
> is something I'm going to use from now on (now that I know about it).

I looked at CVS and the fix is in CVS head, but not in 7.3.X.

I applied it only to CVS head because I wasn't sure if were were
backpatching docs into CVS.  I was later told we were rebuilding 7.3.X
docs every night so we should backpatch docs.

Also, does anyone know why the development docs are 7.3.1?
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html

Seems if it is on the developers page, it should be CVS head?  Wasn't
that supposed to build on demand?  I don't think that is working.
Perhaps it took too much CPU.

The docs on my machine are based on CVS head and do build on demand:
http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml

Both links are on the developers page.

Is someone working to get 7.3.1 announced on our main web site?

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker