Re: RI Constraint display

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: RI Constraint display
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, elein wrote:

> Then this is a distinction between the trigger name and
> the constraint name?  The trigger name is  RI_ConstraintTrigger_437278
> (or some such oid).  The trigger is the implementation of the constraint
> so the trigger name is what I had expected to see.

There are three triggers for the constraint though.  It needs a name
separate from those of the triggers (or it could pick one of the triggers
to name it after, but that seems just as confusing to me).

> Almost all of the system generated names, sequences, triggers, etc,
> have constructed names.  $n for constrain names seems like an anomaly.

I think it's been that way for check constraints for a long time unless I
remember incorrectly.  When the change was made to actually name the
constraint (rather than naming them all unnamed) I figure the current
naming convention was carried across.