Re: why was libpq.so's version number bumped?

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: why was libpq.so's version number bumped?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> One of the reasons I ask is, if it is a good reason, like say "security",
> maybe I can persuade the FreeBSD port responsible guys to bring the port
> into the upcoming FreeBSD 5.0 release. The port freeze was introduced just
> before pg-7.3 was released, so nothing new will be admitted unless it is a
> security fix, more or less, which means FreeBSD 5.0 will probably ship with
> 7.2.3, which would be a disappointment...

If anything, the ports tree on the CD will contain a reference to 7.2.3.
PostgreSQL itself is not shipped.  The ports tree can be cvsup'd to the
latest, when the cvs repository is updated.  At present there is a ports
freeze.  This is the normal situation just prior to a major release.