Re: add space to expand database ?

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема Re: add space to expand database ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 23 December 2002 18:54, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andreas Schmitz <a.schmitz@cityweb.de> writes:
> > I have a little problem with a database that is growing drastically. I am
> > getting short on diskspace within $PGDATA. Is there a way to use $PGDATA2
> > in addition to $PGDATA with the same database ?
>
> There's no really practical way to do that at the moment within
> Postgres.  I'd recommend looking into OS-level facilities for spreading
> a filesystem over multiple physical volumes --- depending on your
> platform you might be able to do it with LVM, software RAID, etc.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for the answer. I considered using the raid functionality. My
problem is that I will loose days of work when I have to stop now. A $PGDATA2
ist known to the databaseserver. However, are there any plans for postgresql
to implement this feature ?

kind regards

-andreas

--
Andreas Schmitz - Phone +49 201 8501 318
Cityweb-Technik-Service-Gesellschaft mbH