locking a table

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема locking a table
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello *,

I just tried to lock a table in exclusive mode following the syntax provided
by \h lock

LOCK [ TABLE ] name [, ...] IN lockmode MODE

and I get the following result:

newsdb=# lock table dpa in lockmode 'exclusive';
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "lockmode" at character 19
newsdb=# lock table dpa in lockmode exclusive;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "lockmode" at character 19
newsdb=#

Did I get it totally wrong and I am badly in need of some holidays or is there
something wrong with the syntax ?

kind regards,

-andreas

--
Andreas Schmitz - Phone +49 201 8501 318
Cityweb-Technik-Service-Gesellschaft mbH