Re: [HACKERS] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
On Sunday 22 December 2002 14:12, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Last night, we packaged up v7.3.1 of PostgreSQL, our latest stable
> release.

RPMs are available for RedHat8 + tcl8.4.1 at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.3.1/RPMS (once mirrors propagate it
will be at the mirrors)

Yes, Red Hat 8.0 _+_ tcl8.4.1.  If you wish to use the pl subpackage without
pl/tcl, you need to add --nodeps to the rpm command line when installing the
pl subpackage.  The postgresql-tcl subpackage was built against tcl 8.4.1 --
Red Hat 8 ships with an old tcl (8.3.3) which is not even installed by
default.  If this is too much of a problem for people, please let me know,
and I'l rebuild for Red Hat 8 without any tcl support, or with the older tcl
support.  Otherwise obtain tcl 8.4.1.  I have to have it installed here for
work purposes.  This is the only exception to the 'pristine Red Hat install'
I have made in a very long time.  Rebuilding from source RPM will require an
installed tcl of some version.

Source RPMS in SRPMS, Red Hat 8 binaries in redhat-8.0

If installing the contrib subpackage, you must use --nodeps due to a broken
dependency upon the now removed postgresql-perl subpackage.  There will be
soon a postgresql-perl RPM -- I have to get the new gborg code and build it,
I guess.

Changelog since 7.3-2:
* Mon Dec 23 2002 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@ramifordistat.net>
- 7.3.1-1PGDG
- Fix dependency order for test and pl subpackages.
- Fixed a bug in the initscript for echo_success
- Fixed the bug in .bashprofile (argh).

(quick note: lamar.owen@ramifordistat.net does work.  I typically post from
lamar.owen@wgcr.org; both addresses come to me....)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: