Обсуждение: v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...

v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Last night, we packaged up v7.3.1 of PostgreSQL, our latest stable
release.

Purely meant to be a bug fix release, this one does have one major change,
in that the major number of the libpq library was increased, which means
that everyone is encouraged to recompile their clients along with this
upgrade.

This release can be found on all the mirrors, and on the root ftp server,
under:

        ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.3.1

Please report all bugs to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org.

Re: [HACKERS] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Sunday 22 December 2002 14:12, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Last night, we packaged up v7.3.1 of PostgreSQL, our latest stable
> release.

RPMs are available for RedHat8 + tcl8.4.1 at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.3.1/RPMS (once mirrors propagate it
will be at the mirrors)

Yes, Red Hat 8.0 _+_ tcl8.4.1.  If you wish to use the pl subpackage without
pl/tcl, you need to add --nodeps to the rpm command line when installing the
pl subpackage.  The postgresql-tcl subpackage was built against tcl 8.4.1 --
Red Hat 8 ships with an old tcl (8.3.3) which is not even installed by
default.  If this is too much of a problem for people, please let me know,
and I'l rebuild for Red Hat 8 without any tcl support, or with the older tcl
support.  Otherwise obtain tcl 8.4.1.  I have to have it installed here for
work purposes.  This is the only exception to the 'pristine Red Hat install'
I have made in a very long time.  Rebuilding from source RPM will require an
installed tcl of some version.

Source RPMS in SRPMS, Red Hat 8 binaries in redhat-8.0

If installing the contrib subpackage, you must use --nodeps due to a broken
dependency upon the now removed postgresql-perl subpackage.  There will be
soon a postgresql-perl RPM -- I have to get the new gborg code and build it,
I guess.

Changelog since 7.3-2:
* Mon Dec 23 2002 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@ramifordistat.net>
- 7.3.1-1PGDG
- Fix dependency order for test and pl subpackages.
- Fixed a bug in the initscript for echo_success
- Fixed the bug in .bashprofile (argh).

(quick note: lamar.owen@ramifordistat.net does work.  I typically post from
lamar.owen@wgcr.org; both addresses come to me....)
--